Yes, it’s true, with the weather taking a chillier turn over the past week I now feel it is time to wave goodbye to the summer months and readily welcome autumn with open arms. For any of you that know me will know that I have a full membership as a sun worshipper and my most hated weather is rain, but this year I am looking at autumn with optimism and trying to see the positives of a less favoured time of year, so here goes my top ten…
- Number one has got to be the change of colours. Before we embrace the bleak look of winter and the trees look depressingly bare, autumn throws us a medley of warm tones from bright sun yellow to deep gold to burnt orange to berry red!
- As much as I do love my summer wardrobe, there is something comforting and homely about wearing jumpers, boots and woolly hats.
- Going from comfortable clothing to comfort food! Autumn food is wholesome and hearty, its the season to eat things like pies, sausages and mash and casseroles!
- Make use of the evenings drawing in, now that we are unable to spend long evenings in the garden with Pimms, it is perhaps time to be a little bit more productive! I have some great ideas for crafting projects so make sure you check back on the blog to see what I have been up to!
- Leaves, yes leaves! Country walks in the woods with the crisp leaves underneath your welly boots.
- Bonfires and fireworks. Remember remember the 5th of November! This year bonfire night falls on a Saturday, which makes it more practical for attending local displays. Also hoping that it means the displays will be condensed into 2/3 days as our beautiful Dalmatian is NOT a fan!
- Mulled wine, as soon as it turns cold it is acceptable to drink mulled wine and red wine (white for the summer, red for the winter in my book). Every pub that has a fire should have a plentiful stock of mulled wine all autumn/winter long.
- TV, there’s no denying it the programme options get much better at this time of year.
- The cooler weather does make it easier to go running with the dog and means that I am not entering the gym already looking hot and bothered!
- Apologies to any Bah Humbugs but I have to add this as number ten, the countdown to Christmas and the festive season is on!
I hope you have enjoyed the read, I’d love to know what makes you love the autumn season, comments below 🙂